Last Updated: 4/30/21
Applications for the Grant Program must be made at[https://forms.gle/xZHRyeDY5RMzcz8KA] (the “Website”).
Information We Collect
To provide the Grant Program, we must collect information about you. The type of information that we collect will vary depending on what stage of the Grant Program you progress to.
Information you give to us:
In order to apply to the Grant Program, you provide us the following information:
· Applicant information: this includes your full name, email address, address, phone number, and date of birth
· Company information: this includes your company’s name, website, address, number of employees, and business verification and registration information
· Financial information: this includes bank account information and tax documentation
· Use of Grant Program: this includes information about the impact of COVID-19 on your business, how you would use the grant, and how the grant would help your business impact on your local community
If you are selected to receive a grant, we will request bank account information and tax documentation in order to administer the grant. We may also request status reports regarding how the grant is being used and its long term impact, including how the Grant Program has impacted you and your community.
You may be asked to participate in surveys regarding the Grant Program through which we would collect additional information about you.
Information that we receive from third parties:
If you are selected to be awarded the grant, we will receive information from the bank who will make the payment of the grant about the validity of your account and whether payment is made.
How We Use Your Information
Administer the Grant Program
We use the information that you provide to us in relation to the Grant Program to administer the Grant Program and evaluate its impact including to:
· assess your eligibility to participate in the Grant Program;
· review your Grant Program application responses;
· verify the information you provide to us about you and your business;
· conduct background checks, including for business integrity, sanctions, adverse media, litigation and regulatory screening on the business entity and its applicant.
· provide you with information and communicate with you about the Grant Program, including the status of your application;
· keep records of all the payments for accounting and audit purposes; and
· detect breaches of and enforce our terms and policies relevant to the Grant Program.
Research and assessment of the Grant Program and its impact
We use the information we have (including from the surveys) to undertake research and assess the Grant Program and its impact.
Anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data
We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that would reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
Respond to legal requests or prevent harm
We access, use, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others in response to legal requests, to detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Grant Program, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights and property), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information shared with CrowdTangle for the above purposes may also be used consistent with the CrowdTangle Data Policy.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share your information with:
· Judges. We may share your information with judges to help us evaluate your application for the Grant Program.
· For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may share your personal information to respond to legal requests and prevent harm as described above.
Privacy notice for California residents
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your consumer privacy rights by reviewing the California Privacy Notice.
The data controller responsible for your information is CrowdTangle, Inc., which you can contact online or by writing to:
1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025