Questions answered in this article:
- Why is CrowdTangle suddenly telling me there are no dashboards linked with my account?
- Why is CrowdTangle asking me for a password?
- How do I Invite people into CrowdTangle?
- How do I see who else has access to my dashboard?
- When I request access to a dashboard, what happens?
- How do I remove a user from our account or dashboard?
1) Why is CrowdTangle suddenly telling me there are no dashboards linked with my account?
For people who use multiple Facebook accounts, sometimes you are in the wrong one when you log in to CrowdTangle. Then CrowdTangle seems to get stuck on the bad version of you, and not let you switch to the good version of you.
It's an easy enough fix though:
- Go to Facebook and log out of Bad You. 😡
- Go back to Facebook and log in to Good You. 😀
- Go to https://apps.crowdtangle.com/logout to log out of CrowdTangle. This will erase your CrowdTangle session with Bad You 👻 and take you to crowdtangle.com.
- Go back to your dashboard (or click "Log In" to go to https://apps.crowdtangle.com and see your available dashboards). You should find yourself back in the dashboard as Good You. 🙃
2) Why is CrowdTangle asking me for a password?
CrowdTangle doesn't have its own usernames and passwords- it relies on Facebook to manage your identity. But Dashboards have their own passwords (which can be found in the Dashboard Settings), and if CrowdTangle doesn't recognize someone who is trying to go directly to a dashboard through its URL, it will ask for that password. To fix the issue, just log into CrowdTangle directly at crowdtangle.com and enter your dashboard from there.
3) How do I invite people into CrowdTangle?
As long as you're a full dashboard user (and not a read-only user), you can invite people into a dashboard by clicking on "Invite People" and adding their email address there. Once you do, they'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that will ask them to log into Facebook to complete the process. If they don't complete that step, their account will not be created!
Alternately, you can send people the URL to your Dashboard along with either the read-only or user password (found in the Dashboard Settings under the Gear icon next to your profile picture).
4) How do I see who else has access to my Dashboard?
While you're in your Dashboard, click on the gear icon next to your profile picture (upper right) and click on "User Management". That will allow you to see all of the Dashboard users. If you don't see that option, you will need to contact your Account Owner to find out who has access.
5) When I request access to a Dashboard, what happens?
When you click on "Request Access" next to a Dashboard on your Dashboard list, a notification generally goes to one or more Account Owners- who can then accept or deny the request. Sometimes no Account Owner has been set up to receive those notifications. If you feel this may be the case, you can send your Account Owner this article. If you're not sure who your Account Owner is, you can contact email@example.com.
6) How do I remove a user from our account or dashboard?
Only Account Owners can remove someone from an account. You can find more information on deleting users here. If you don't have an Account Owner- or don't know who they are- you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.