Create a Single Dashboard
- Go to any dashboard in your account.
- Click the dashboard toggle at the top left of your screen > Select “Create New”
- Give the dashboard a name > Select Next
- Select Time Zone > Select Next
- Select a social network from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit
- Choose “Clone from Existing” or “Starter Theme.”
Step 2: Customize the dashboard
- Go to Explore section on left rail > Add the state local lists for where the publication is located and other lists
- Add a publication Main Page List: Lists > Create New > Give it a name > Add Pages > Add Publication Page
- Add referral search: Search > Create New > Add publicationdomain.com to search bar > Search > Save Search
- Go to Notifications on the left rail > Create and customize Digests, Viral Alerts, Leaderboard and Referral Alerts
Step 3: Invite admins
- Go to settings gear > Invite Users > insert email > Send
- Share crowdtangle.com/localnews resources with the new admin, where they can find a Getting Started guide, training videos and how to guides to get started
Create a Team of Dashboards
- Go to any CrowdTangle dashboard > Settings Gear > Account Settings
- This will take you to the home screen for your account. From here, you're able to build your Teams. '
- On the Home screen, the first thing you'll see is the Teams section. To create a new Team, click “View Teams”.
- Once you're in the Teams section, you'll see an option to “Create Team”. Select this to start a new Team.
- You'll be prompted to give the Team a name. Type the name and then hit “Create Team.” The Team should now appear in the list of available teams.
- To add dashboards and users to the team, select the Manage button on the far right next to the Team you'd like to amend. This will take you to the Team's homepage. Here you'll be able to see how many Dashboards, Team Owners and Team Members are associated with a Team; you'll also be able to set a an approved Team domain.
To add Dashboards:
- Select “Expand Section” under the Dashboards section.
- To add an existing Dashboard, type in the name of the dashboard in the search box. Once you've identified the dashboard you'd like to add, select “+Add”. Quick tip: you can add multiple dashboards to a team at once.
- To create a new Dashboard associated with this Team, select “+Create Dashboard” and follow the prompts to build the new Dashboard. Once the Dashboard is built, you'll need to follow the steps above to get back to the Teams page.
To add a Team Owner:
- A Team Owner is the administrator of the Team; meaning they can create Dashboards, have access to all the Dashboards associated with the Team, and add/remove users.
- Select “Expand Section” in the Team Owners section.
- Select “Invite Owner,” and type in the email address of the person you would like to invite to be the Team Owner.
- The user will receive an email invite to join CrowdTangle; once they click this invite and follow the steps to join, they will land on the Team page and will have access to the Teams setting.
- Share crowdtangle.com/localnews resources with the new Team Owner, where they can find a Getting Started guide, training videos and how to guides to get started
To add a Team Member:
- A Team Member is a user of the Team dashboards. They can invite people to the dashboards, create/delete lists, searches and notifications.
- Select “Expand Section” in the Team Members section.
- Select “Add Team Members”.
- Select “Invite Member” and type in the email of the person. They will then receive an email invite to CrowdTangle. Once they accept and log in, they will have access to all the dashboards in the Team
- Share crowdtangle.com/localnews resources with the Team Member, where they can find a Getting Started guide, training videos and how to guides to get started