What Is This?
This is a part of the Monetization Strategy series. Click to read more tips and tricks.
What Will I Learn?
- 🤨 How to understand what is and isn't working with your or your competitors' branded content.
- 🏈 How the NFL's Indianapolis Colts use the branded content feature.
How Do I Enhance My Branded Content Strategy?
Tracking Your Branded Content Performance
Tip: Use the Saved Posts feature to keep a collection of your top performing branded content to study later
Step 5: Set up a Branded Content Leaderboard or Intelligence report to get an idea of how you're performing compared to your competition. Pick some top performing competitors and study their Branded Content to refine your own strategy.
Preparing for New Branded Content Projects
Step 1: Set up a Saved Search looking for terms related to your next Branded Content strategy. i.e. If you're about to create Branded Content for a company's newest hair product, search for words like shampoo, hair care, etc. Set the Branded Content filter for the Search and save your settings.
Step 2: In the Post tab, set the performance filter to Overperforming and and then to Interaction Rate. Study the top performing Branded Content for products or markets similar to your Branded Content project to get an idea of what is already resonating with the audience.
Tip: Save some of the top posts to share with your Branded Content partner- it will help build the case for your recommended strategy
Step 3: Once your new Branded Content has launched, use Intelligence graphs to track how that Branded Content has impacted your client's Page, and be sure to check your Branded Content Leaderboard regularly to gauge how your new strategy is playing out!
How the Indianapolis Colts use the branded content feature
- Use Saved Search Leaderboards to track trends. Identify which pages are producing the most engagement for a specific keyword.
- Use the Branded Content filter, put together a monthly digest. Track which branded content posts are performing the best and build strategies around those insights.
- Use Intelligence. After enacting the strategies, track how those posts impact the overall page for your client.
Next Up: Ads & Sales Strategies